Monday 13 August 2012

Benefit CORALista Lip Gloss & Blush

Hey Gals, 

I decided to break out of my blogging funk as of late, to do my first ever Benefit review.  I was walking through shoppers and couldn't help myself in grabbing up one of these bad boys.


Benefit recently came out with this line of six lip glosses to match with their best selling (and best looking for lips) blushes.

I purchased CORALista because it is my favorite blush.  




CORALista blush is a warm-coral pink powder that compliments just about every skin tone.

Mine is sitting in my Z-Palette so I don't have the box

Just like any boxed powder from Benefit, it has a lovely pigmentation that you can either layer up for more color or just apply a sheer veil for just a hint of coral shimmer.  

Please note that in my experience with benefit boxed powders most of them have a decent amount of shimmer.  The kind that you can't see when looking directly at it, until you turn your cheek to the side.  Pretty, in my opinion but I know a lot of people don't like it.
A stock image from google 
Now, the gloss is described on the website as a "sheer coral" but i would consider it as more of a tangerine color.


The formula is lovely.  As is to be expected from any product by benefit.  Perhaps a tad on the sticky side but I have found that like its blush counterpart, you can apply as much or as little as you like.


It is a squeeze tube applicator which I love, and I have a feeling I will be cutting this open near the end of its life to get ever last bit of gloss out if it!

Another bonus? It smells like tangerines!! what a wonderful smell.  But be warned: it does NOT taste like tangerines lol!

you guys know what I'm talking about right? Something smells yummy on your lips you have to try and give it a taste haha.  

Moving on.

Swatch time:

Natural Light: Blush (L) Gloss (R)


Artificial Light: Blush (L) Gloss (R)

In the artificial light you can see the gold-like flecks of shimmer in the blush which I think is just stunning.  As you can see, the formula for benefit blush is dead on, not cakey or streaky and you an put on as much or as little as you like.

I swatched the lip gloss a little heavy so you can see this is a much darker orange color than the blush.  When I wear it, I put just a hint of the gloss on, which gives you a nice subtle tint to your lips and compliments the blush nicely.    

Price point (this is where most people shy away from benefit):

CORALista Blush:  $28
CORALista Lip Gloss: $16

I love this gloss but don't think I'll be repurchasing in the future because:

1. The price
2. I'm not that much of a gloss junkie

As I mentioned above CORALista is just one of six shades they offer, the others are:

Dandelion - Soft pearly pink
Dallas - Dusty Rose
Sugarbomb - Shimmering pinky nude  
Bella Bomba - Sheer bright watermelon
Hoola - Shimmering golden nude


I may not be a gloss junkie but  I am certainly a blush junkie.  I also own Bella Bomba, Hoola, and Dandelion

One of these days I may very well pull out all of my Benefit cosmetics and do one large post but the long and short of it is:

I am a BeneBebe 

Are You?



<3 Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I have to say, I am off of lip glosses these days! I prefer lipsticks and lip creams because lip glosses always get my hair all stuck in them !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I like this~~

    http://katshe-i-can-change.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with that color! I am going to have to go get the gloss asap. Great review!

    Southern Glamourista

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous colour :)

    http://sophierosehearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a total gloss junkie so I am definitely a fan of these Benefit glosses! They are expensive though, so I am happy with the two that I purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through the bbloggers unite blog hop!
    This lip gloss is the next on my list - it's the best (in my opinion) out of the range.
    Claire x
    www.prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete