Friday, 22 June 2012

Julep June Mystery Box

Hello to my lovely readers,

I know this post is a little late to the party but UPS shipping leaves little to be desired.



Julep Maven is a monthly subscription service that caters solely to nail polish.  For $19.99 a month you usually get around $40 worth of product.  I can't really justify spending $20 on nail polish a month, but every month or two they come out with a mystery box that is the same price but guarantees at least $60 worth of product.

How is a girl to resist?





Here is what I received in my lovely box:


Whoo Hoo! all for me???

1. January


Retro, tomato red creme with a modern shine.  Perfect for matching your manicure to your pedicure.

My Thoughts:  This is a BEAUTIFUL color!!  I think it is a dupe for OPI's Big Apple Red (which I own). I haven't tried it out yet but the formula seems pretty good to me.  Overall, very happy with this color.

2. Amy


Smoky, turquoise creme.

My Thoughts: This is a very unique color and I thought it was so cool, I tried it on right away.  I'm in love with the color but the formula isn't anything to write home about, its pretty thick.

Here it is on me:

Sorry my nails are a bit of a mess

3. Gayle


Regal, deep aubergine creme.  Sophisticated yet playful.

My Thoughts: BINGO!  This is a Sarah color if I ever saw one.  Since I have Amy on my nails, this is on my toes (and i'd prefer not to put a picture of my feet on the web).  This one has a perfect formula and just glides onto the nails.

4. Fast Dry Topcoat

A quick-dry high shine that prevents yellowing and protects your nail color for longer lasting mani-pedis. 

My Thoughts: Whoops I forgot to take a picture of this.  But you get the idea, its a top coat.  I have one already and this was perfect timing because I'm almost out of that one.  Score.

L to R: Topcoat, Gayle, January, Amy

Some extra's I got in my box:

Julep SPF 15 Daylight Defense Lip Balm - Vanilla Mint


Nourish, hydrate, and protect your lips with this vanilla mint flavored lip balm.

My Thoughts: This smells delightful!  Sweet.  Its nothing spectacular but at least it smells good.

Julep Nail File


I'm pretty sure this was just a little extra something to throw on the top of the pile to make it look pretty while packaging.  I have like a hundred (kidding) nail files so I doubt i'll use this.


So that concludes my haul.  I was soooooo happy with this box, the colors are beautiful and I can never have too many topcoats with the amount of times I paint my nails.

Total Value of the Box:  $62

And I paid $19.99

So if you would like to become a Maven I would be much obliged if you would use my referral link by clicking : HERE

And use code COLOR2012 to get your intro box for a penny!

Also make sure to check out my Cinco de Mayo Mystery Box if you are still undecided about Julep Maven

Are you a Maven?  What did you get in your box??

Sarah

P.S.  Did you notice my pictures look a lot better? Click here so you can look like an expert photographer too!

  


7 comments:

  1. we got very similar boxes! glad you enjoyed yours :)

    CHECK OUT MY CoverFX GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January is such a pretty color!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a lot of goodies! :) very pretty nail colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing! I`m actually waiting for my Julep box too...this got me so excited!

    btw check out my current giveaways (shiseido, maybelline, oasap) too!

    http://mimikaayu.blogspot.ca/p/giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!
    Just found you through Mimika's Blog Hop.

    I'm loving your blog so far, now following.
    Hope you can check out my blog, maybe follow back?

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very gorgeous colours! Amy looks great on your nails!

    ReplyDelete