Monday 7 May 2012

April Glossybox Review (and my first Post!!)


Hello Lovelies!

To begin my blogging adventure I decided to do a review on the April Glossybox.  What is Glossybox you say?

Well it is a monthly subscription service that delivers beauty products to your door every single month!  They promise 5-6 deluxe size samples and comes in a seriously adorable box.  They charge 15$ a month on your credit card.  Glossybox is a relatively new service to Canada and this is the third month they have been in operation and, in my humble opinion, is the best one of them all (there are 6 subscription services in all I believe).  

Glossybox (I think) is supposed to go out around mid-month (it used to be the beginning of the month) but I didn't get it until May 2nd.  Many ladies post on Facebook with their panties in a bunch because it was late (again).  But I don't really mind because MAN was it worth it!!

So what did I get in my box you ask? Lets start with the cute box:
And they always send you a little thank you note that contains the product information on the other side:


And the other side:

Now on to the goods:


Man I am a happy girl look at all my stuff!!!!  Lets take a closer look shall we?

1.  Elizabeth Grant Skin Care Shower gel in Exotic Apricot:


Full Size is 240ml and retails for $20 
Sample Size: FULL SIZE
Elizabeth Grant skin care shower gels are delightful fragrant cleansing gels, which foam as you clean.  Capturing the true essence of grace, style and individuality in every person.

Well I'm not sure if it captured my "grace, style, and individuality" but it was a lovely shower gel and paid for the box itself.  I would not buy this product again however because I don't usually like to spend 20 bucks on shower gel and quite honestly I'm not a fan of the smell.  I might be giving this one away.  BUT it was very nice and lathers well so perhaps I would have enjoyed a different scent.

2.  AVEENO Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer

    
Full size is 120ml and retails for $23
Sample Size: FULL SIZE
This amazing moisturizing formula is clinically shown to improve the look of tone, texture, dullness, blotchiness and brown spots - for naturally radiant skin

Another full size product? Thank you!!!  This was my favorite product in the box.  Its not to heavy and not too light and left my skin feeling amazing.  On the plus side its also SPF 15 which is a bonus for me as I have very pale skin and can only burn, never tan in the sun (anyone else in my boat?)

3. Wella Brilliance Conditioner Fine to Normal Hair


Full Size is 250ml and retails for $14
Sample Size: 30ml approx $1.68
This lightweight Brilliance conditioner moisturizes coloured hair, leaving even fine hair full of vibrant shine and free-flowing movement.  With diamond dust!

WTF? Diamond dust? what is that supposed to do? I don't know about you guys but I like my diamonds right where I can see them: on my jewelry.  Haha, now that little rant is over, this is a very nice conditioner.  It didn't wow me or anything but was just fine.  What I like is the decent size so at least you can get a few washes out of it (unlike the flimsy packets you get from magazines). Now, if I had known they were going to send Wella conditioner in April, I wouldn't have used up the Wella shampoo they sent in February (oh dear), next time can you send the shampoo and conditioner at the same time?    kthanks.

4. Wella Brilliance Treatment Fine to Normal Hair

   
Full size is 150ml and retails for $14
Sample Size: 25ml approx $2.33
Brilliance treatment with triple-blend technology blends three lightweight polymers to instantly restore hairs vibrancy, .... and you guessed it: With diamond dust!

No comment on the diamond dust.  But I have to be honest:  I haven`t tried this yet.  Not sure what to do as there are no instructions.  Leave it in? Rinse it out? But I'm assuming its a conditioner because it smells exactly like the conditioner, looks exactly like the conditioner, and is probably 4 ingredients away from the conditioner.  On the plus side everything from Wella smells AMAZING.

5.  Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara 


Full size is 9ml and retails for $12.50
Sample Size:  FULL SIZE
NEW! Give your lashes extra length and curl with Marcelle XTension Plus Mascara.  Define and separate lashes while minimizing clumps and create maximum lengthening potential for a lash extension look without adding extensions.

  
My thoughts? Meh.  I already have long eyelashes but my problem is that they are very thin.  So I need something that is volumizing not lengthening.  With that being said it is still a nice mascara that does the job, I wore it for a day and there were no flakes or clumps.  One disclaimer: I am not a fan of the small, plastic bristles, as I have a tendency to poke myself in the eye.  But here is how it looks on me:


As you can see, it didn't really curl my lashes lol.

6. Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm (BONUS)
Full size: 45ml and retails for 22.95
Sample Size: Flimsy little packet (??)
New! Marcelle BB Cream: Try this first BB cream formulated especially for Canadian women! Your 8-in-1 skin enhancer does it all for you, instantly! offered in 2 shades with self adjusting pigments to suit all ages and skin types.

Ok so I haven't tried this one either.  But man do the cosmetic companies crack me up sometimes, especially for Canadians? is our skin so different from the rest of the world? but I have been meaning to try a BB cream for quite some time now.  Their claim to fame (rapidly growing fame) is that one creme can replace your moisturizer, primer, and foundation for a light coverage.  I'll definitely be giving this a shot!

So once again everything lined up all nice and pretty:



So overall I was SERIOUSLY impressed with this months Glossybox! Well done! The total value of the the box is hovering around $60 and I got 3 full size products for only $15! why wouldn't you try it out? if you do I would be much obliged if you would use my referral link: HERE    

The referral program is where every time someone signs up for glossybox using your link, you get 200 glossydots.  For every 1000 glossydots, you get a free box!

The one downside is that this is only their 3rd month and we have already received Aveeno and Wella products in the past.  Perhaps they are still looking for more brand partners? its entirely possible, I wont hold it against them. 

So, like I said this is my first post so feel free to leave comments (good or bad).  I have been taking pictures using my camera phone so i'm afraid that's as good as they get Please let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I lovd this month's box. Even Aveeno. If we only got high end brands we would get itty bitty samples. Or 2 or 3 items. I love the box this way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I am in love with my simple aveeno moisturizer!

      Delete
  2. I have no idea what to do with the wella treatment either!! Haha, let me know if you figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete