Tuesday 10 July 2012

Glossy Box June Edition

Hello to all the lovely readers out there.

So I am aware this post is a little late to the party but  just haven't been on my A game for the past week so I'm going to try and get caught up on posts.

I will try and keep this one short and sweet with lots of pictures because most people know what is in the boxes this month!


All wrapped up pretty just for me.  I miss the labels they gave us in the first box!


But the one thing Glossy has over the other competitors is packaging!  The box is larger than the rest and sturdier.  Everything always comes so elegantly packaged.

So here are all the goods!  As you can see it is jam packed this month.


The Card:



Lets take a closer look:

Biore 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser


Full Size: $10 for 200ml

This is the first thing I noticed when I opened the box.  A FULL SIZE biore cleanser!  Score.  I have heard good things about this brand and am excited to try it.

I hope the foaming action works well!

2. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion SPF 55


3. Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex


4. Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strip 


Value of the 3 samples:
Neutrogena: 14ml @ $2.54
Olay: 7ml @ $4.34
Bioré: 1 strip @ $1.25

I'll admit I lumped these together because these are all things I have received recently in the mail for free.  The olay lotion alone is my FIFTH sample of this (I gave them to mum she nearly has enough for a full bottle now lol).  I have also boycotted any pore strips because last time I used them I ended up with a red line on my nose.  I do really enjoy the neutrogena sunscreen though.  I have been using it on my face.

5. Cover Girl Flipstick- Blendable Lip Duo (Color: Minx)


Full Size Product:  $12.50

So this is probably one of the ugliest colors I have witnessed.  Apparently, the colors were chosen based on our beauty profile.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some, at least this is another full size product.  But I will never wear it.

Swatched:
Maybe I can use it as a bronzer?

6. Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz 


Full Size Product: $17

This is to create beachy waves in your hair.  This is probably the product I am most excited about.  I haven't tried it yet but I think me and Wella are going to be very good friends after this.  Smells delightful.

7. Gillette Venus Embrace Razor 


Full Size Product: $13.43

Hey I love getting these in the mail.  Just maybe not in my Glossy Box.  Oh well, I don't think I have to buy razors any time soon!  

Look how nice everything looks:



Total Value of This Months Box:  $61

Wowza.  I only paid $15.  There were a lot of complaints out there, that these are mostly products you can get at the drug store.  While I agree with that statement, I was also ecstatic to receive 4 full size products,  regardless of what brand they are.  One of the first things I noticed about the box is that it was HEAVY.  Excellent.

So if you would like a glossybox of your very own please use my refferal link by clicking: HERE  

I hope Everyone is having as nice of weather as we are here inn Vancouver!

Sarah

P.S.  I wanted to show you guys what I do with one of my glossyboxes:


I started doing this when I realized the NAKED palette fit perfectly into the box and so did my brushes.


Underneath, I have some of my favorite products/ samples.

Now I don't have any counter space in the bathroom where I do my makeup (only a SINK!) not very girl friendly.  So I started using the lid of a glossybox to put my makeup in while i'm doing my face:


This is just easier so nothing falls away when you are trying to get ready.

What do you do with your glossybox??



3 comments:

  1. I got the same lip colour! It is so ugly. And I want no more Olay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same lip color (i think most ppl ended up with that one which makes me wonder if it truly was choosen based on our profiles) anywho, as u said you win some you loose some! Great post! Newest follower right here! Come check my blog out sometime!

    Ashley xox
    Steps To Perfection...With Romanianbutterfly206

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that lip colour too and was quite disappointed in it. Seriously useless! But overall still super happy with my box and I posted my review too. As you said for value, it had FOUR full sized products!! So I'm not unhappy with Glossy in the least.

    ReplyDelete